I LOVE curry, so whenever I'm craving it (and I don't have the time or money to go to the Bombay House), this is the recipe I go to - it's fast, easy and really good (I probably should mention it's from the Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers cookbook).
1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil (I used olive oil - worked fine)
2 Tbsp. curry powder
5 oz. snow peas, cut in half on the diagonal (about 2 cups)
3 tomatoes, chopped (2 cups) - I sometimes just use a 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 14 oz. can of coconut milk (it's in the international section at most grocery stores)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or basil
If your shrimp is frozen, place it in cold water before you start. Because the shrimp cooks in the coconut milk, it does not have to be completely defrosted.
In a saucepan on medium-high heat, saute the onions in the oil for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the shrimp and curry powder and cook for a minute or two, stirring to prevent sticking. Add the snow peas and tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes, and turn the shrimp to cook on both sides. When the shrimp are mostly pink, pour in the coconut milk, salt, and lemon or lime juice and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cilantro or basil and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot over rice.
Serves 4
Total time: 20 minutes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Curry...Yum! Thanks Heather
I love curry, too!! I can't wait to try it!! It sounds DELICIOUS!!!!
Heather
I haven't ever tried curry? Well I better try this one to see what I've been missing!
Curry is a GREAT thing to post. I'm always looking for a good Curry recipe. Matt loves it, too.
Post a Comment